Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's been too long again

I really need to keep up more often, but life is so busy! This spring has been crazy so far. I've tried to include pictures from most of the things we did...that means lots of new pics for everyone to see! Novice blogger that I am I uploaded in reverse chronological order, but you'll get the idea.
We took the kids to the the Humble Rodeo and the Houston rodeo 2 times. They had blast all three times. The only problem with the Humble Rodeo was that it was below freezing that night and the wind was blowing straight through the outdoor stadium where we were sitting on metal seats BRRR! Micah and Sophie didn't seem to mind, we had to convince them it was time to go. We stayed to see
Gary Allan and The Eli Young Band and they behaved fantastically even though it meant they didn't get to bed until after midnight.

Easter was fantastic this year. I may get slack from some of you guys, but we have decided no to let our kids believe in the imaginary characters that surround Christian holidays. I think it's fun and silly, but I don't want them to get confused with the truth of what Easter and Christmas are all about. So this Easter we attended Good Friday service and came home and read the story of the crucifixion and made hollow cookies. We did hide the Easter eggs but I let them pick the candy they wanted inside and they got to find them when they woke up Easter morning. They were so involved it was awesome.
Our most recent adventure was the Go Fish concert. Our kids love these guys and they are fun for B and I to listen to as well. I pretty much shot my fun budget on t-shirts and a DVD, but their smiles made it worth it! If you have never heard of them you should look them up www.gofishguys.com
Now onto what the kids have been up to. Micah seems to be reaching so many goals lately. Just in the past two months he has learned to snap his fingers, pump on a swing all by himself, and ride his big boy bike with NO training wheels! That doesn't include everything he's doing at school. He is now sounding out and reading one vowel words like a pro!! Everywhere we go he's sounding things out or asking me how to spell a work he thinks of.
Sophie painted her own finger nails for the first time yesterday, no I didn't realize she was doing it at the time, but she did pretty good and was really fast:) Her most obvious accomplishment lately is not one that I am particularly proud of...she is so sassy!! She says things like "it doesn't matter" "forget it!" and "you don't know anything." Trust me these are quickly corrected, I can't stand disrespect! I am glad that she has such an independent personality I just hope we can channel that before she becomes a teenager...scary!! She just amazes me with the things she understands and how mature she is (most of the time). She likes to play with the big kids and does real well.

Being Snazzy with the Go Fish guys!

Hunting Easter eggs
Micah's first performance with the kids choir at church.
ROAR!
See what I mean?!? Sassy
Go western day at Humble Christian School
zoo day...it was so cold!
Humble Rodeo
Micah and Arthur
Sophie dancing
So Sweet!
Thank you Lord for these beautiful children!!
Psalm 127:3-5

No comments: